In the one day sea kayaking adventure you can paddle in calm waters passing fascinating islands where you can go ashore on untouched virgin beaches.
This tour provides transportation directly from your hotel in San Jose, Jaco or Manuel Antonio to our dock in Puntarenas. There you will board our catamaran, for a relaxing ride to the Punta Coral Private Reserve.
You have the opportunity during the tour to view the Dry Tropical Forest that grows right into the sea. This adventure will take you to many special places where you may see various animals like monkeys, iguanas, birds, lizards, birds, turtles, fishes and butterflies
Visit Isla Cedros or Nancital
You are going to paddle over to Playa Langosta on Isla Cedros. Then you continue to a small island in the bay called Isla Garrobo. The tour proceed around Isla Cedros, here you can have the chance to see Howler Monkeys.
What You Can Expect
Then you are going to visit Boca de Tiburon, which is the passage between the two islands. On the south side of Isla Nansital, you often spot Ridley or Leatherback Turtles and manta rays. On the way back to Punta Coral, you will again kayak past Isla San Pedro. A delicious seafood lunch will be served upon arrival back to Punta Coral.
Beach Chairs and Umbrellas
Transportation to and from Puntarenas
- Maximum 7 persons and a minimum 2 persons.
- All kayaks are Dagger Specter with rudder and storage compartments. Five kayaks are 15 ft long and two are 14 ft.
- The kayaks are sit-inside sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to paddle.
- If the tour is with inexperienced people, we will have a safety demonstration on the beach before departure.
- The route of the tour will vary depending on: direction of the currents, wind and the level of experience of the kayakers.
- In dry season we can encounter the monkeys at Isla Nansital.
- If the kayakers desire, there is the possibility to go snorkeling, but it depends on the tide and current.
- We provide life jackets: theses must be worn by all kayakers.
- The kayakers need to bring: sun block, sunglasses and a hat.
Wi-Fi at the TOURIST point
For a full refund, cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
200m west from Banco Nacional Puntarenas
8:00am from our dock in Puntarenas.
What to bring